Fifty-five years ago today, the Organisation of Africa Unity was born.
Founded by 32 states, its quest was to bring about freedom and unity on the continent. The body was renamed the African Union in 2004 but its goal remains the same in 2018: a peaceful, prosperous and integrated Africa for all.
Here is a selection of some our original research and analysis on the continent: celebrating achievements, unpacking the challenges and charting a path ahead:
- Who leads Africa?
- The future is African
- Strengthening Africa-Europe ties in the city of dragons
- Pan-Africanism and the African Renaissance Through the APRM
- Morocco Joins the AU: Motives and Meanings
- China in the era of ‘Xi Jinping Thought’: five key trends for Africa
- Balancing Cyber Security and Internet Freedom In Africa