- Senegal has made good progress in improving its energy mix by increasing the share of renewable energy.
- It still has inadequate access to climate finance compared to the implementation needs of its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), although the country has developed considerable experience in international climate finance.
- Recent discoveries of oil and gas are calling into question the country’s climate commitments to green energy.
- The absence of operational monitoring and evaluation and measurement reporting and verification systems means that there is no transparency in terms of the country’s progress on its NDC commitments.
- Sectoral policies should be more aligned with NDC commitments to bolster progress made on climate action.