The webinar will focus on “COP26 and the energy transition in South Africa” and set against the expectations from COP26, informed by scientific views and international best practices.
The COP26 and the energy transition in South Africa webinar will draw national and international insights into the challenges and opportunities for a just transition and accelerated climate action. The webinar will also explore the potential role of international partners in supporting a just transition in South Africa as the country moves towards a net-zero emission future.
- HE Carlos Fernández-Arias, Ambassador of Spain to South Africa
- Mr. John Smith Wade- Head of Climate Change and Energy, British High Commission (TBC)
- Ms. Elizabeth Sidiropoulos- Chief Executive, SAIIA
- Dr. Jan-Lukas Menzel Barraqueta, Chief Executive, European Ecological Consulting
- Mr. Dipak Patel- Presidential Climate Commission
- Ms. Olivia Rumble- Director, Climate Legal
- Mr. Alex Benkenstein- Programme Head, SAIIA.
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Luanda Mpungose: Luanda.firstname.lastname@example.org – Outreach and Partnership Manager.
Watch the webinar on YouTube: