SAIIA Western Cape AGM 2018
Keynote address by US Consul General to Cape Town Ms Virginia Blaser on Strengthening US-South Africa Ties Through the Western Cape.
1. Welcome & Apologies
2. Approval of the Minutes of the 2017 Annual General Meeting (download the minutes)
3. Matters arising
4. Presentation and adoption of Annual Report for 2018
5. Presentation and adoption of Financial Report for 2017-2018
6. Election to the Executive Committee (download the nomination form)
8. Keynote address by the US Consul General to Cape Town Ms Virginia Blaser on “Strengthening the US-South Africa Relationship Through the Western Cape”
Refreshments will be served after the AGM.
All are welcome. Entrance for SAIIA members is free; R50 for visitors, R20 for students.
- Download the 2017 AGM minutes
- Download the form to nominate someone to the Western Cape branch Executive Committee
Bio of Consul General Virginia Blaser
Consul General Virginia Blaser arrived in Cape Town in August 2017. Prior to this, she served as Deputy Chief of Mission and Charge d’Affaires in Mauritius, the Seychelles, Uganda and Tanzania. Since joining the US Foreign Service in 1989, CG Blaser also served in Madrid, Brussels, London, San Salvador, and Washington, and in a range of political, management and consular positions. She graduated cum laude from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, with a triple major in history, anthropology and Latin American studies.