- Assist with the coordination of a national school climate change and sustainable development research programme for young people
- Assist with organising and overseeing year-round national Model United Nations programme for high school learners
- Assist in writing grant proposals and donor reports
- Work with the Youth Programmes Manager to host annual national leadership conference
- Work with the Youth Programmes Manager to organise youth participation in relevant policy processes, special events and academic forums
- Assist with the financial administration of the youth programme through the timely processing and acknowledgement of incoming and outgoing funds
- Ensure that the online activities of the youth programme and social media accounts are managed
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relevant undergraduate qualification required; a relevant postgraduate qualification is an advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Programme Administration role
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-stakeholder relationships with groups such as the United Nations system, diplomatic community, civil society and national government is advantageous
- Experience with child and youth participation in current international policy issues is advantageous
- Good planning and organising skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Driver’s Licence and own vehicle
Candidates for this position should submit a motivational letter quoting clearly the reference number of the position that they are applying for and a comprehensive CV, together with the contact details of three referees to Shannon Gard (Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called in for an interview. Applications close on 3 August 2018. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
We will make an appointment in line with our employment equity policy. We reserve the right not to make an appointment.