With the upcoming revision of the SADC Regional Indicative Strategic Plan, it is an opportune time to present innovations for SADC’s consideration. A new policy brief by the Poverty Reduction and Regional Integration Project, of which SAIIA has been a collaborating member, makes five proposals for SADC policy innovations:
- Cross border initiatives
- Access to pharmaceuticals
- Civil society co-ordination
- Regional health diplomacy
- Horizontal versus vertical healthcare
Through this regional health project, SAIIA hopes to create policy change through quality research, for the benefit of vulnerable populations in Southern Africa.
Learn more about the Poverty Reduction and Regional Integration project
- Opinion piece: Share in the politics of poor health
- Opinion piece: Why a regional approach could help end drug stockouts in southern Africa
- Opinion piece: Global Eradication of Poverty Day: What can regional associations do?
- Opinion piece: The Economics of Pro-Poor Health Policy