The event will bring together researchers from across Africa and China to enhance dialogue on sustainable infrastructure development. The virtual workshop forms part of the China-Africa Joint Research and Exchange Programme, an initiative of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation.
China’s dual role as a funder and constructor of infrastructure has transformed countries’ development options across the Global South. It has created new points of economic growth for these countries and boosted integration between them. Roughly two decades into this process, it is important to explore the complexity of these trends. Specifically, it is important to:
- Track the evolution of China’s funding and construction of infrastructure in the Global South and to identify emerging trends; and
- Look at how environmental, socio-economic and governance (ESG) implementation has evolved and which ESG-related areas deserve more attention.
- Standard setting in Chinese-led infrastructure provision by Dr Ana Alves
- From responsive participation to responsible leadership: China’s changing role on green development by Dr Zhou Yuyuan
- China-Africa infrastructure cooperation for a prosperous future by Li Zhigang
- ESG impacts of Chinese infrastructure provision in Africa’s telecommunications sector by Dr Motolani Agbebi
- China Infrastructure Cooperation Dr Oscar Otele
- The development of ESG integration in China by Dr Yu Zheng
Watch the webinar on YouTube: