The successful candidate will be responsible for logistics, record keeping, coordination, reporting, financial tracking, procurement and contracting, publications management, events coordination, relationship-building, network development, budget development and workplan monitoring, project management and various administrative duties associated with programme implementation under the supervision of the two Programme Heads directing these programmes.
Senior Programme Officer – (SPO1021)
- Financial/General Administration
- Events coordination
- M&E and donor and internal reporting
- Programme procurement and contracting
- Workplan and budget development and monitoring
- Project management
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At a minimum a relevant B-Degree in related field.
- Project management/Financial Administration qualification would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a general project management, business, financial, research or administrative environment.
- Experience in a donor/NGO environment would be an advantage, as would experience working with diverse funders including GIZ, FCDO (formerly DFID), USAID, EU Commission etc.
- Proficient in Office 365 and MS Project (or Similar)
- Excellent phone and writing skills (managing written correspondence, minutes, invitations)
- Advanced Ms Excel skills
For more information on SAIIA and its research agenda please visit www.saiia.org.za. Candidates for this position should submit a motivational letter clearly quoting the reference number of the position that they are applying for, a comprehensive CV, together with the names of three referees with their contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be called in for an interview. Applications close on 18 October 2021. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Preference will be given to South African citizens and employment equity candidates. SAIIA reserves the right not to make an appointment.