The volume includes articles by Mzukisi Qobo and Mills Soko on economic, trade and development relations between South Africa and the EU; by Toni Haastrup on peace and security relations in the EU-SA strategic partnership; by Lesley Masters on the partnership’s strategic value as a multilateral forum; by Camilla Adelle and John Kotsopoulos looking at the EU-SA partnership in terms of global environmental governance; and by Philani Mthembu on ‘Situating the EU within South Africa’s foreign policy calculus’.
Sign in or register with Taylor and Francis (no cost involved) to gain free access of this issue through October 2017. Follow us on Twitter: @SAIIA_Journal.
Vol 24.2: Reviewing the first decade of the EU-South Africa Strategic Partnership
Special issue editorial: Ten years of the EU-South Africa Strategic Partnership
Guest Editors: Lesley Masters and Lara Hierro
- An overview of the EU-SA Strategic Partnership 10 years on: Diverging world views, persisting interests, by Chris Landsberg and Lara Hierro
- Economic, trade and development relations between South Africa and the European Union: The end of a strategic partnership? A South African perspective, by Mzukisi Qobo and Mills Soko
- The EU-South Africa Strategic Partnership: Waning affection, persisting economic interests, by Christine Hackenesch and Sven Grimm
- Short term interests, long term perspectives: Balancing South Africa’s peace and security approach in the EU-SA Strategic Partnership, by Lara Hierro
- The undoing of a unique relationship? Peace and security in the EU-South Africa Strategic Partnership, by Toni Haastrup
- The EU-South Africa Strategic Partnership: From bilateral to multilateral forums and the strategic value for South Africa, by Lesley Masters
- The EU-South Africa Strategic Partnership and global environmental governance: Towards effective multilateralism after Copenhagen?, by Camilla Adelle and John Kotsopoulos
- Situating the European Union within South Africa’s foreign policy calculus, by Philani Mthembu
- John Campbell, Morning in South Africa
Reviewed by Sithembile Mbete
- Paul Rogers, Irregular War: Islamic State and the New Threat from the Margins
Reviewed by Hussein Solomon
- Natasha King, No Borders: The politics of immigration control and resistance
Reviewed by Loren Landau
- Adeleye, Ifedapo, White, Lyal, Boso, Nathaniel (eds), Africa-to-Africa Internationalization: Key Issues and Outcomes
Reviewed by Padraig Carmody
For the full contents, sales and subscription information, please visit the Taylor and Francis website.