The website targets journalists and aims to promote a better understanding and a more informed approach to trade reform in South Africa. It is also geared towards generating public dialogue about trade policy through tools such as:
- Up-to-date information on current trade policy issues
- A database of existing agreements with short summaries of the key points in each
- Lists of key contacts working on trade issues
- Regular columns and fresh perspectives by experts in the field
- A calendar of important local and international upcoming events in the trade arena
It’s a tool that seeks to empower journalists who cover trade issues and develop linkages with other organisations who are active in the area of trade policy.