We aim to do this by providing cutting-edge analysis and promoting balanced dialogue on issues crucial to Africa’s development and its engagement in a global context.
- Making input into policy development locally and internationally.
- Undertaking research on current issues of importance to Africa generally, and South Africa specifically, with a focus on trade, investment, development, foreign policy and good governance.
- Developing joint programmes with international organisations and agencies throughout the world.
- Maintaining a resource centre and reference library for students and scholars of international relations.
- Organising conferences, roundtable discussions, seminars and speakers’ meetings on a wide range of topics.
- Encouraging an interest in international relations among young people through our leadership and outreach programmes.