- Nuclear science and technology can help Africa to achieve the aspirations of Agenda 2063 and the SDGs.
- Africa is home to various research reactors. Such reactors already play an important developmental role and are also the foundation of nuclear power programmes.
- The developmental impact of nuclear science and technology is especially evident in the healthcare and agriculture sectors on the continent.
- Africa is a global leader in terms of its commitment to non-proliferation and the peaceful use of nuclear science and technology, and continues to advocate for the developmental aspects of nuclear energy.
- Challenges notwithstanding, through close cooperation with treaty oversight and other international bodies, the continent can establish a peaceful nuclear science and technology regime that can improve the lives of its people.