We are a proud founding partner of the Network of Southern Think Tanks (NeST) – a forum of think tanks and academics from the global South committed to generating and sharing knowledge on South-South approaches to international development cooperation.
Resources from the first meeting of the South African chapter of NeST – March 2015
- Report of the NeST Launch meeting
- Research Report, South African Development Partnership Agency (SADPA): Strategic Aid or Development Packages for Africa?
- Terms of Reference of NeST South Africa
- South Africa’s Development Cooperation, by Jitendra Hargovan
Resources from the Multi-Stakeholder Policy Dialogue on ‘Emerging Donors in Africa’
- Download the Report of the policy dialogue.
- Emerging Partners in Africa’s Development, opening speech by Dr. Ibrahim Mayaki
- Background and introduction to NeST within the context of the global SSC debates, by Neissan Alessandro Besharati
- SSC or SSDC: The Case of China-Africa Cooperation, by Mao Xiaojing
- Emerging development Partners in Africa, by Richard Ssewakiryanga
- Brazilian Development Cooperation in Africa, by André de Mello e Souza
Resources from the technical workshop – September 2015
- Developing a Conceptual Framework for South-South Co-operation, by Neissan Alessandro Besharati, Matshediso Moilwa, Kelebogile Khunou and Ornela Garelli Rios.
- Evaluating the impact of South-South Co-operation, by Neissan Alessandro Besharati
- Methodological issues in the evaluation of South-South Co-operation, by Milindo Chakrabarti
- Defining and Accounting South-South Co-operation, by Sachin Chaturvedi
- Aid Effectiveness and Development Effectiveness, The Quality and Impact of SSDC, by Meibo Huang
- Giving NeST feet … by Professor Anne Mc Lennan
- Defining and Accounting South-South Co-operation, by Vitalice Meja
- Capacity Development through SSC and triangular Co-operation in Africa: Lessons learned, by Dr Sal Muthayan
- Evaluating the Impact of South-South Co-operation, by Dr. Jorge A. Pérez Pineda
- Information Management and Institutional Hub for SSC, by Pranay Sinha
- Assessing the Quality and Effectiveness of South-South Co-operation, by Bernadette G. Vega
Resources from the seminar on ‘Peace-building and Development in Africa through South-South Cooperation’ – November 2015
- Opening Address by Ebrahim Ebrahim, Parliamentary Advisor to the President
- South Africa’s Development Cooperation: Opportunities in the Global Arena, paper by Amanda Lucey (ISS)
- PCRD Landscape and Institutional Architechture, presentation by Garth Cawthra (CDSM)
- South-South Cooperation for Capacity Development – the case of South Sudan‘, presentationby Kristoffer Nilaus Tarp (DIIS)
- Regional Cooperation for Peace-building in West Africa, presentation by Kehinde Olayode and Charles Ukeje (Obafemi Awolowo University)
- Regional Cooperation for Peace-building in West Africa, speaking notes by Kehinde Olayode and Charles Ukeje (Obafemi Awolowo University)
- Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all? presentation by Professor Anne Mc Lennan, WSG
- South Africa’s role and approach to Peacebuilding in Africa, presentation by Amanda Lucey (ISS)
- Update on NeST for the Seminar on SSC & PCRD, presentation by Neissan Alessandro Besharati (NeST)
View the main NeST Africa page here.